- Assignment Type: Group
- For RIC students only
- Estimated time required: 120 minutes
- Due by second week of class
- Points Possible (25 points)
- For U.C. Berkeley students, check Bcourses for due dates and times.
Project Check-in #1
The MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVE of project Check-in #1 is to have your teams formed and *ideally* aligned around individual team member project interests & course learning goals.
Other key learning objectives are:
- Learning about your teammates interests, skills and business ideas
- Getting started right away on the brainstorming process for your class projects (Opportunity Recognition phase).
- Begin to develop a presentation format for your experimental results which works for you and the teaching team.
Teams of 2-4:
For example, students who want to go in depth building hardware prototypes, they should join a team pursuing a hardware concept / project / product. For teams who want to be software prototype focused, they should join a team with a web / mobile app concept / project / product.
Teams of 1, going “solo”:
If you can’t find a team that aligns your interests, branch out and go solo. We will weigh your RIC progress and process against the number of total teammates. We can then form one or more groups of “solo” project owners and you can work together on discussing course material, but independently on the “projects” pursued.
To get full credit, submit a slide deck w/the following content for each group:
- Team Name
- Product / Service / Process Name (can be different)
- All team members names
- Project introduction
- A draft Rapid Innovation Cycle iteration
- Any major challenges you’re having
Here’s some sample updates from prior classes:
If you fully engage in this assignment, you will have:
- Formed a team
- Learned about how awesome your teammates are
- Brainstormed at least 20-80 different opportunities you could plausibly prototype in this class
- Drafted your plan for how you’ll suss out the business value for any one or more of the 20-80 business opportunities recognized